Our investment strategy is to acquire apartment communities in growth markets across the U.S. and create value through intensive asset management. We are actively pursuing acquisitions ranging from $10MM to larger portfolios with no practical limit. Our team can react quickly and efficiently to complicated transactions. We also evaluate debt opportunities including note purchases, mezzanine financing and securitizations. Since inception, we have acquired over $2.5BN of apartment projects consisting of 40,000 units.
Other markets considered on a deal by deal basis.
- Project Size
- Minimum 150 units. Portfolios are preferred.
- Equity Contribution
- $3,000,000 to no practical limit.
- Asset Quality
- Class A/B properties; other quality levels will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Typically 1980's and newer.
- Design Type
- All, with Garden style being the most preferred.
- Acquisition Criteria
- Properties requiring cosmetic or substantial rehab add value; under-performing properties which may have market-related and/or management induced problems; and package transactions.
- Acquisition "Complexity"
- Unusual or difficult issues and problems will NOT preclude interest in a property.
- Financing will be in the form of new financing or assumption of existing debt, and in some cases all cash.
- Cap Rates
- Determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Broker Relationships
- Sourcing brokers will be protected and compensated for unlisted investments opportunities.